Waiting for you :)

Waiting for you :)

Friday, May 30, 2014

End of the waiting chapter of our adoption and all the emotions that goes with it

As David and I prepare to go get Aliviah I have been thinking about our whole adoption journey and how the puzzle pieces have just seemed to fit perfectly. Our creator really does have it all mapped out. I would have never guessed 3 and half years ago when we felt The Lord calling us to parent through adoption that it would take so long (in my books) but actually that 3 years went by pretty fast. Although their were times in the last 3 years I thought this day would never come and I felt hopeless. In the last 3 and half years we had 2 adoption agencies (the first one turned us down but now I see that was in God's plan because we found NCHS which is awesome!) 2 almost placements and countless of waiting and prayers, but I look back and see how it all has worked out. I couldn't have matched us with a better birth family if I would have chosen them myself.  They are truly a perfect match for us. David and I have been so blessed with them involving us throughout the whole process. They have blessed us with ultrasound pictures and videos so that we can experience that too. I can't wait to continue this journey with open adoption and now I get to share the pictures with them and they still get to see Aliviah grow up. That's the beauty of open adoption is Aliviah will always know who they are and there will be no need to search for her birth family when she is older because Lord willing she will have already built a life long relationship with them.

Now that we are less than 2 weeks before we leave to go get her it seems so surreal. Her room is all ready, her bags are packed (now I just need to pack my bags) and we are finishing up the last little bit of paperwork we need and we just finished our last pre-adoption home study with our caseworker. I am feeling all the emotions fit into one bill right. I am feeling ready but like any other first time mom there is that fear of the unknown. I think of our birth family often and more and more as the time gets closer and wonder how they are feeling.

Please continue to pray for this journey as one chapter comes to an end and a new chapter is starting and are lives are about to change forever for the BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment